Thursday, February 15, 2024

2NE1 - My Fashion Icon

Welcome to my blog. I'm Kitty Kat, an aspiring fashion designer and stylist, loves K-pop and enjoys travelling when I am financially stable. However, today I want to blog about my favourite fashion icon - the very people that made me appreciate fashion and be more daring and adventurous with my personal style. 2NE1; currently disbanded, was a K-pop girl group that is heavily known for their more rugged, edgy and eccentric style that differs from the typical girly pop fashion that many appreciate. Their bold fashion choices made them famous aside from their music that is heavily influenced by hiphop and RnB. The members are CL, Bom, Dara and Minzy and while they are always donned in spunky, funky and strong fashion, the girls are also able to hold their own personality with their personal style.

 

Throughout their time promoting as a group, the girls have always caught in fierce pieces complemented well with their edgy makeup. One of their favourite designer; Jeremy Scott, drew heavy inspiration from them that he even collaborated with ADIDAS and designed sneakers with 2NE1 as his muse. That's the other thing that I love about 2NE1. Aside from their fierce fashion sense, I am able to discover may other designers like Balmain. Indeed, for someone who loves fashion, she should have known about Balmain and many other top high-end designers. For me, I was not exposed heavily into the world of fashion and high-end designers. I come to learn about them through watching K-pop and K-dramas. I have always love dressing up, I just had little access to the fashion industry. I am at the end of the day, a cat. 

 

The main reason why I love 2NE1 and their style is because I love how they are afraid to try new things and have so much confident in what they wear and they look good in everything. On top of that, they are all able to express their personalities through their fashion, going out all edgy but remain girly and fabulous and of coz iconic. Moreover, the girls also experiment in creating their own pieces like CL's bright turquoise jacket in Fire MV (Space Version). While I thought that it was a designer, I later learned it was customed made for her specifically for the MV. 

My appreciation for 2NE1 and their style is basically the reason why I decided to do the post If I Was 2NE1 5th Member because imagining myself as part of them is truly a fun dream but to be able to picture myself in the outfits that they wear in their MVs, performances and even appearances...well let's just say I just love going that far in my imagination. More 2NE1 posts coming soon but for now I just live to have fun with fashion and be inspired everyday by every fabulous people out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I 2NE1's 5th Member

One of the things I have always fangirl about is being the 5th member of my favourite K-pop girl group, 2NE1. Other than their music, I just...